- Senator Feinstein's (D-CA) desert bill includes a mandate for the Department of Defense to release military land for green energy development, according to The New York Times.
- The Massachusetts National Guard is increasing efficiency and saving money, in a good example of the ongoing energy work at U.S. military installations.
- Iraq and Iran begin talks over an inactive oil well along their disputed border, reports The Washington Times.
- War is Boring reports on David Axe as he follows U.S. Army agricultural efforts in Afghanistan's Logar province.
- In his Think Tank blog for The New Yorker, the intrepid Steve Coll reminds us of the importance of phosphorus to useful things like food and living (recalling fond memories from posting about it here last year).
- BNET reports that Google has applied to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission so it can sell energy in the marketplace.
Bold. Innovative. Bipartisan.