- Financial Times reports on the effects of climate change and nations hoarding food on national security issues.
- Lockheed Martin launches software to optimize energy usage and assure grid access during natural (or unnatural) disasters, according to Areospace & Defense News.
- According to CNET, as General Motors looks to build electric cars, it may consider alternatives to rare earths given price and supply concerns.
- A fertilizer ban in Afghanistan, used to thwart Taliban bomb making, may be hurting farmers, the economy and food security, reports The Globe and Mail.
- The Arab Council for Water convenes today in Cairo, according to the Nam News Network.
An independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit organization that develops strong, pragmatic and principled national security and defense policies.