- Financial Times reports on the effects of climate change and nations hoarding food on national security issues.
- Lockheed Martin launches software to optimize energy usage and assure grid access during natural (or unnatural) disasters, according to Areospace & Defense News.
- According to CNET, as General Motors looks to build electric cars, it may consider alternatives to rare earths given price and supply concerns.
- A fertilizer ban in Afghanistan, used to thwart Taliban bomb making, may be hurting farmers, the economy and food security, reports The Globe and Mail.
- The Arab Council for Water convenes today in Cairo, according to the Nam News Network.
Bold. Innovative. Bipartisan.