- Chinese investment in Afghan copper mines may help stabilize the Logar province, reports The New Security Beat.
- The United Kingdom signs an energy protocol with Turkmenistan in the pursuit of diversifying sources of natural gas resources, according to UK Finance News.
- Reuters AlertNet reports on the food crisis in a politically unstable Zimbabwe, which may be exacerbated due to climate change.
- The U.S. and Canadian Coast Guards will meet this week to discuss cooperation over the Arctic, according to KTUU, an Alaskan NBC news affiliate.
- According to Reuters, a severe drought and shrinking water table in China may be the culprit in the cracking and closure of a runway in one of the region's busiest airports.
Bold. Innovative. Bipartisan.