- The New York Times reports that Russia will build nuclear power station in Venezuela.
- In flood-isolated regions of Pakistan, the U.S. military presents a humanitarian face, according to ClimateWire.
- Pakistan is pushing for a civilian nuclear deal like the one between the United States and India, from The Wall Street Journal.
- China shuts down 1,600 illegal coal mines due to safety concerns, according to The Washington Post.
- According to The New York Times Green blog, 52 percent of Americans flunk Climate 101.
- “You have to imagine that all the people doing science around the Earth - be it geology, hydrology, whatever - for them, topography of the terrain is a key input,” says a representative from the German space agency (DLR) about two German satellites currently creating the most detailed 3D images of the Earth yet – from the BBC.
Bold. Innovative. Bipartisan.