- China and India, who have been competing for resources and global markets, appeal for deeper ties, reports The Washington Post.
- From the Associated Press, U.S. crude oil inventories had their largest drop last week since 2002.
- The Herald Online reports that Poland is seeking nuclear power for energy security.
- Indian farmers change crops as climate grows drier, from The New York Times.
- The Times also takes a look at China's wind turbine industry and the way China is playing the technology development game.
An independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit organization that develops strong, pragmatic and principled national security and defense policies.