- According to The Los Angeles Times, California’s most recent drought drove up energy costs and negative effects on air quality.
- Defiant NRC Chief Rejects Calls to Resign Over Yucca Mountain Dispute, reports The New York Times.
- Also in the NYT today, New York City officials are considering mapping the sun’s potential to power New York.
- Think Progress discusses natural security in this report:In Yemen, While Americans Focus On Al Qaeda Threat, Yemenis Are Concerned About Access To Water.
- California’s recent drought could be an indicator of the troubles ahead for the state in managing its water supply, ClimateWire reports.
Bold. Innovative. Bipartisan.