- According to The Los Angeles Times, California’s most recent drought drove up energy costs and negative effects on air quality.
- Defiant NRC Chief Rejects Calls to Resign Over Yucca Mountain Dispute, reports The New York Times.
- Also in the NYT today, New York City officials are considering mapping the sun’s potential to power New York.
- Think Progress discusses natural security in this report:In Yemen, While Americans Focus On Al Qaeda Threat, Yemenis Are Concerned About Access To Water.
- California’s recent drought could be an indicator of the troubles ahead for the state in managing its water supply, ClimateWire reports.
An independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit organization that develops strong, pragmatic and principled national security and defense policies.