Corporate Development Coordinator
The Center for a New American Security (CNAS) seeks an energetic, proactive, and organized professional to join a growing development team and a leading national security think tank. The candidate will possess an appreciation and willingness to leverage data, research, and processes to advance sophisticated and personalized fundraising strategies to expand the Center’s donor base and yield increased revenue. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with industry representatives from defense, energy, financial services, and technology sectors. Candidates will regularly engage corporate individuals representing government relations, policy, corporate social responsibility, and marketing departments. This position will report to CNAS’ Senior Vice President.
- Conduct research to identify potential corporate sources of funding in support of the Center’s research agenda;
- Coordinate for donor meetings with the Center’s executive team and program research staff;
- Coordinate with development, finance, and research staff to draft donor proposals, agreements, and invoices;
- Facilitate fundraising efforts to secure sponsorships in support of the organization’s annual conference.
- Record all corporate revenue contributions in the department's donor database, manage essential data such as invoice due dates, payments received, and donor primary points of contacts;
- Send invoices to corporate donors, follow-up to ensure payment is fulfilled, and acknowledge receipt of payment;
- Ensure corporate donors receive all benefits associated with the Center’s Corporate Partnership program;
- Coordinate stewardship activities, including donor conference calls, event invitations, thank you cards, and gifts to donors;
- Provide administrative support to the department’s Senior Vice President to include travel preparation, donor meeting requirements, prospect research, and other related tasks; and
- Provide support to development operations, such as running donor reports, organizing internal meetings, and other tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Familiarity with CRM databases preferred but no experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising in a policy-oriented organization is not required.
Your complete application must include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in and qualified for this job and a resume or CV.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.