Data Systems Administrator
The Center for a New American Security (CNAS) seeks a detail-oriented, organized, affable professional to manage multiple data information systems, while administering the Center’s reception area. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of database management, a familiarity with online fundraising systems, and the ability to manage and integrate software systems and contact lists. In addition, the candidate will be welcoming and helpful in assisting guests, callers, and emailers as the important first point of contact at the organization.
DATA SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- Manage the operational function of the following data systems:
- Salesforce, a customer relationship management platform;
- Campaign Monitor, an email marketing system;
- Click & Pledge, an online registration and payment system;
- EventGrid, an events management platform;
- Maintain synchronization of Salesforce and Campaign Monitor data systems;
- Train staff in systems usage and maintenance.
- Review contact lists in Salesforce and Campaign Monitor to assure the data is correct and synchronized;
- Enter business cards, event attendees, and website mailing list information into Salesforce;
- Frequently review data lists and remove duplicate entries;
- Isolate and correct returned email addresses resulting from high volume email sends;
- Collaborate with research programs on email communications using data management tools;
- Work in coordination with the development and communications teams to synchronize various mailing lists.
ADDITIONAL DATA MAINTENANCE TASKS
- Maintain database of event speaker lists;
- Tag event photos and maintain photo archives;
- Input weekly invoices into the payment portal.
- Welcome visitors;
- Answer the main CNAS phone line and direct calls as needed;
- Review and respond to and/or disseminate information emails to Center employees.
- Participate in the Center’s hiring processes, including interviews and new staff orientation;
- Contribute to staffing Center events as needed;
- Attend internal meetings and events;
- Represent CNAS externally;
- Execute other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Uncompromising attention to detail;
- Problem-solving mindset;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience in database management and synchronization;
- Experience using various data information platforms;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment;
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, shifting priorities, and proprietary information from multiple components of the organization;
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
CNAS is accepting online applications only. Candidates must apply online using this link:
A complete application must include a cover letter explaining interest and qualifications for the position and a resume or CV.
The Center for a New American Security develops bold, innovative, and bipartisan national security and defense policies that promote and protect American interests and values. Building on the deep expertise and broad experience of its staff and advisors, CNAS engages policymakers, experts, and the public with innovative fact-based research, ideas, and analysis to shape and elevate the national security debate. As an independent and bipartisan research institution, CNAS leads efforts to help inform and prepare the national security leaders of today and tomorrow. CNAS is located in Washington, DC.
CNAS abides by all Federal and District of Columbia employment laws. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.