Digital Content Manager
The Center for a New American Security (CNAS) seeks a Digital Content Manager to create and execute on the Center’s social media strategy and run the Center’s web presence, multimedia production, email marketing, and event A/V. CNAS has a large Twitter following and active experts creating web-ready content, including commentaries, reports, media hits, congressional testimonies, and other items. This is not an entry-level position. This position will report to CNAS’ Director of External Relations.
The successful candidate will be creative, organized, collaborative, technically adept, and ready to push the envelope.
Web Presence and Multimedia
- Capture, curate, design, write, and produce digital media content and serve as brand voice for key CNAS audiences;
- Copy edit digital and print content for grammar/spelling to ensure overall accuracy, consistency, tone, style, and branding;
- Manage the production, editing, and promotion of CNAS podcasts and videos;
- Recommend topics and series for CNAS podcasts and videos;
- Create and update content for the CNAS website, including press items, long-form publications, biographies, events, images, and institutional pages;
- Serve as in-house technical expert for CNAS website and work with web developer to troubleshoot technical issues;
- Develop and implement content strategies for six microsites.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for CNAS content and the CNAS brand to increase our relevance to existing audiences and visibility with new audiences;
- Craft and execute social media outreach plans for CNAS experts for their reports, events, and commentaries;
- Keep detailed metrics on CNAS social media and traditional media profiles;
- Drive strategies proven by testing and metrics and use analytics to identify trends, assess data, and enhance content performance and traffic.
Email and Paid Marketing
- Create and manage paid digital media campaigns;
- Execute on CNAS email marketing strategy, including report press releases, event invitations, and commentaries;
- Manage contract relationships with email marketing vendor;
- Lead data integration and integrity efforts between Salesforce CRM and Campaign Monitor marketing platform.
Event and Audio/Visual
- Run A/V at large, public events hosted at the CNAS office;
- Coordinate use of event app and work with mobile app vendor to create and manage content on the CNAS Annual Conference app;
- Serve as in-house photographer for staff headshots and internal events.
- Manage External Relations and Development intern on relevant tasks;
- Work closely with Center’s development and publication teams to project a consistent organizational brand and drive potential leads with prospective partners;
- Work seamlessly with CNAS Executive Team, senior experts, and research associates on CNAS and individual social media objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- 3-6 years’ experience in digital communications.
- Flexibility in scheduling to work occasional events in the evenings.
- Experience with social media, database programs and content management systems.
- Working familiarity with Salesforce.
- Experience in website editing and management.
- Experience in audio/video production and management.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and collaboratively across programs.
- Familiarity with national security issues is preferred but not required.
Candidates are chosen based on merit in an open, competitive process. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
The Center for a New American Security (CNAS) develops bold, innovative, and bipartisan national security and defense policies that promote and protect American interests and values. Building on the deep expertise and broad experience of its staff and advisors, CNAS engages policymakers, experts and the public with innovative fact-based research, ideas and analysis to shape and elevate the national security debate. As an independent and bipartisan research institution, CNAS leads efforts to help inform and prepare the national security leaders of today and tomorrow. CNAS is located in Washington, D.C., and was established in February 2007.
CNAS is accepting online applications only. Candidates must apply online using this link:
A complete application must include a cover letter explaining interest in and qualifications for the position and a résumé or CV.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.