Front-End Web Designer/Developer (Three-month Contracted Position)
- Diagnose issues to improve the functionality of websites built on the Craft CMS and related frameworks.
- Identify and implement new website tools to improve the user experience and enhance visual elements of data presentation.
- Participate in design discussions to help shape and implement design ideas.
- Perform daily or near daily content updates to include light design work.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years in a front-end developer role or equivalent experience,
- Portfolio or samples of past work and projects,
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on front end design and development,
- Ability to interpret and implement web designs,
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with relevant staff members,
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems,
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines,
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements,
- Familiarity with national security issues is preferred but not required.
Candidates are chosen based on merit in an open, competitive process. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
The Center for a New American Security (CNAS) develops bold, innovative, and bipartisan national security and defense policies that promote and protect American interests and values. Building on the deep expertise and broad experience of its staff and advisors, CNAS engages policymakers, experts and the public with innovative fact-based research, ideas and analysis to shape and elevate the national security debate. As an independent and bipartisan research institution, CNAS leads efforts to help inform and prepare the national security leaders of today and tomorrow. CNAS is located in Washington, D.C., and was established in February 2007.
CNAS is accepting online applications only. Candidates must apply online using this link:
A complete application must include a cover letter explaining interest in, and qualifications for, the position and a résumé or CV.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.