Jr. Graphic Design Consultant
As a designer at CNAS, you'll play a key role in creating visual communication products that further CNAS’ goal of educating public debate on key policy issues. Our organization prides itself on being bold, entrepreneurial, creative, and scrappy. This philosophy gives the design team a lot of flexibility enabling us to produce design solutions that are unique, bright, provocative, and memorable. In this short term position there's no limit to what can be created. While you're at CNAS you'll get to work on everything from new branding for projects and events, infographics, custom illustrations, maps and charts, report design and layout, motion graphics, video, and web design.
Skills and Experience
- Recent graduates or seniors in a design school or program
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated abilities in typography, layout /editorial design, illustration, and branding
- Demonstrated print and digital experience in a portfolio of work (web or pdf)
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and meet deadlines
- Interest in government, U.S. foreign policy, and international relations
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software with specific experience using:
- Adobe Illustrator: create basic illustrations, icons, information graphics, charts and maps
- Adobe Photoshop: photo editing, headshot touchups, stock photography, and resizing/formatting for various outputs (web and print)
- Adobe InDesign: report layout and with an understanding of how use style sheets and apply typesetting in a long report/book
- Fluency of Microsoft Office programs and Mac operating system
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Familiarity with image usage rights
May – August 2019, full time, $20/hr., Washington D.C.
Applicants must submit a resume and portfolio of work.
To apply, visit this link: https://cnas.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=39.