Coverage of this event begins at minute-mark 8:50 in the video above.
CNAS hosted a pre-summit discussion with the top national security advisors to Members of the House of Representatives and other experts to discuss the expectations for the first-ever summit between the leaders of the United States and North Korea set for next Tuesday in Singapore. The panel discussed the desired parameters of any outcomes and agreements, as well as the likely next steps for both the Executive and Legislative Branches of government.
- Dr. Patrick Cronin, Senior Director, Asia-Pacific Security Program, Center for a New American Security
- Luke Murray, National Security Advisor, The Honorable Kevin McCarthy, Majority Leader, U.S. House of Representatives
- Daniel Silverberg, National Security Advisor, The Honorable Steny H. Hoyer, Democratic Whip, U.S. House of Representatives
- Ambassador Robert Gallucci, Distinguished Professor in the Practice of Diplomacy, Georgetown University, Former Ambassador-at-Large and Special Envoy
- Elizabeth Rosenberg, Senior Fellow and Director of the Energy, Economics and Security Program, Center for a New American Security
- Dr. Jung H. Pak, SK-Korea Foundation Chair for Korea Studies, Brookings Institution
- Dr. Mark E. Manyin, Specialist in Asian Affairs, Congressional Research Service
- Abigail C. Grace, Research Associate, Center for a New American Security, and until last month a member of the National Security Council Staff