Here are the things I have learned thus far from the documents released via Wikileaks:
- Elements within Pakistan's Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) support the Taliban.
- The United States integrates direct action special operations into its counterinsurgency efforts in Afghanistan, targeting insurgent leaders through capture/kill missions.
- Civilians have died in Afghanistan, often as the result of coalition combat operations.
I'm going to bed, but if I were to stay up late reading more, here is what I suspect I would discover:
- "Afghanistan" has four syllables.
- LeBron is going to the Heat.
- D'Angelo Barksdale didn't actually commit suicide in prison. Stringer Bell had him killed.
- Although a document dated 17 October 2004 claims the Red Sox were down 3-0 in a seven-game series with the Yankees, they actually went on to win 4-3.
- Liberace was gay.
- The Pathan remains wily.
- Julian Assange is a clown.