Former Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn and retired Adm. James Stavridis will lead a Center for a New American Security task force on strategy, technology and the global defense industry, the Washington-based think tank announced Wednesday.
“CNAS’ Task Force on Strategy, Technology and the Global Defense Industry will examine key strategic and technological trends, the current state of the industry and the viability of the existing competitive environment and provide recommendations for adaptation in the global defense industry,” the think tank said in a statement.
Lynn, now the CEO of DRS Technologies, and Stavridis, now dean of The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, will oversee a steering committee made up of current and former industry, defense and military leaders. The steering committee includes:
- Robert Work, CNAS CEO,
- Ben FitzGerald, CNAS senior fellow and director of the technology and national security,
- Denis Bovin, co-chairman and co-CEO of Stone Key Group,
- Geoff Hoon, managing director international business of AgustaWestland,
- ACM Angus Houston, AC AFC (Ret.), former chief of the Australian Defence Force,
- Linda Hudson, president and CEO of BAE Systems,
- Brett Lambert, former deputy assistant secretary of defense for manufacturing and industrial base policy,
- Former Sen. Joseph Lieberman,
- Ellen Lord, president and CEO of Textron Systems Corporation,
- James Murdoch, deputy chief operating officer and the chairman and CEO, international, of 21st Century Fox,
- Sean O’Keefe, Chairman and CEO of Airbus Group
A working group comprised of senior executives, defense experts and thought leaders will also be part of the task force.