The Pentagon is preparing options for an attack on Syria that US officials said could be bigger than the strike US president Donald Trump ordered against the Syrian regime last year.
Mr Trump warned on Wednesday that missiles “will be coming” after Russia vowed to shoot down any US rockets that threatened their forces in Syria. His comments came after the Russian ambassador to Lebanon reminded Washington that the head of his country’s military had said his forces would also strike the “source” of any US attack.
“We take seriously any threats to US or allied forces and will take any appropriate action necessary to ensure their safety and security,” said a US official, who added that the administration was consulting closely with European and regional allies.
Read the full article at FT