Although technological advantage has been a key pillar of U.S. military power and national competitiveness, China is starting to catch up in its quest to become a “science and...
By Elsa B. Kania
VideoThe AI Revolution, Paul Scharre the Director, Future of Warfare Initiative
Paul Scharre is a Senior Fellow and Director of the Technology and National Security at the Center for a New American Security. His talk on Artificial Intelligence and the Fut...
By Paul Scharre
The CNAS Artificial Intelligence and Global Security Initiative explores how the artificial intelligence (AI) revolution could lead to changes in global power, the character of conflict, and crisis stability. The Initiative will also examine the security dimensions of AI safety and prospects for international cooperation.
The Initiative’s research agenda covers a range of issues related to the implications of the AI revolution for global security, including:
- Shifting power dynamics among actors in the international arena
- Changes in the character of conflict
- Crisis stability, including conflict initiation, escalation, and arms races
- Security dimensions of AI safety
- Prospects for international cooperation
The full research agenda can be found here.