The first half of 2020 has featured more pressing national security issues than any other period in recent memory. At CNAS, our experts have been busy breaking new ground on issues ranging from the geopolitics of the global pandemic to U.S.-China competition, from tensions with Iran to threats to democracy in Europe, and from battles over future technologies to new tools of economic statecraft. All the while, we’re focused on bolstering America’s military and national security institutions and the commitment to our veterans.
The past six months have also demonstrated that, more than ever, we need bold, bipartisan approaches to the most difficult national security issues. Since the beginning of 2020, our efforts include:
- Launching a new initiative on America and the Post-Pandemic World;
- Releasing 17 reports, on topics including DHS reform, potential synergies between China and Russia, and new ways of looking at the defense budget;
- Holding over 80 virtual roundtables and events, bringing together thousands of participants for discussions of key national security issues;
- Hosting four wargames, including concepts for a New American Way of War; and
- Inaugurating “The Pitch”, a competition that brought together young national security professionals to pitch bold, new ideas to a panel of esteemed judges
This and all of our other work is possible only through the generosity of those who support innovative approaches that cross party lines. I hope that you are one of them, and that you consider making a tax-deductible donation to CNAS today.
Investing in CNAS helps our experts tackle the most consequential issues the country faces today. It helps us prepare a new generation of national security leaders. And it helps us identify and develop policies for tomorrow’s key challenges. Thank you for your support.
Chief Executive Officer
Center for a New American Security
Make a tax-deductible contribution to CNAS today.
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): #81729