Dr. Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Rachel Rizzo take Brussels Sprouts on the road in this special edition of the podcast recorded live from the April 3 NATO Engages conference hosted by the Atlantic Council, German Marshall Fund, and Munich Security Conference. This special episode shares the insights of some of the most prominent voices on transatlantic relations. Experts shared their thoughts with us about whether the alliance is in crisis, the most critical challenges facing NATO, and why they’re optimistic about NATO’s future. This episode features commentary (in order of appearance) from:
- Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius
- Stanislava Mladenova, a former member of the NATO international staff
- Dr. Jim Goldgeier, Visiting Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Damir Marusic, Executive Editor of The American Interest
- Ambassador Sorin Ducaru, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute and Former Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges at NATO
- Ambassador Sandy Vershbow, former Deputy Secretary General of NATO and former U.S. Ambassador to Russia
- Benjamin Haddad, Director of the Future Europe Initiative at the Atlantic Council
- Dr. Tom Wright, Director of the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution
- Ambassador Doug Lute, former U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO and a Senior Fellow at Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
- Dr. Constanze Stelzenmüller, Robert Bosch Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution
- Rachel Hoff, Policy Director at the Ronald Reagan Institute
- Dr. Gale Mattox, a Professor at the U.S. Naval Academy and Director of the Foreign & Domestic Policy Program at the American Institute for Contemporary German Studies
- Karlijn Jans, a Dutch defense expert
- Camille Grand, Assistant Secretary General for Defense Investment at NATO
- Ambassador Azita Raji, former U.S. Ambassador to Sweden
More from CNAS
PodcastVladimir Milov on Russian Politics
Vladimir Milov, Russian politician and former Visiting Scholar with the Carnegie Endowment, joins Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Jim Townsend to discuss Russian opposition politics...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Vladimir Milov
PodcastKathleen McInnis Discusses "The Heart of War"
Kathleen McInnis, International Security Analyst for the Congressional Research Service, joins Carisa Nietsche and Jim Townsend to discuss her book, “The Heart of War: Misadve...
By Carisa Nietsche, Jim Townsend & Kathleen McInnis
PodcastMatti Anttonen on Arctic Security
Matti Anttonen, State Secretary of Finland's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, joins Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Jim Townsend for a conversation about Arctic security, Finland’s fore...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Matti Anttonen
PodcastCeleste Wallander on Ukraine
Celeste Wallander, President and CEO of the U.S. Russia Foundation, joins Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Jim Townsend to discuss Russian operations in Ukraine and the U.S. response...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Celeste Wallander