Dr. Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Rachel Rizzo take Brussels Sprouts on the road in this special edition of the podcast recorded live from the April 3 NATO Engages conference hosted by the Atlantic Council, German Marshall Fund, and Munich Security Conference. This special episode shares the insights of some of the most prominent voices on transatlantic relations. Experts shared their thoughts with us about whether the alliance is in crisis, the most critical challenges facing NATO, and why they’re optimistic about NATO’s future. This episode features commentary (in order of appearance) from:
- Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius
- Stanislava Mladenova, a former member of the NATO international staff
- Dr. Jim Goldgeier, Visiting Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Damir Marusic, Executive Editor of The American Interest
- Ambassador Sorin Ducaru, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute and Former Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges at NATO
- Ambassador Sandy Vershbow, former Deputy Secretary General of NATO and former U.S. Ambassador to Russia
- Benjamin Haddad, Director of the Future Europe Initiative at the Atlantic Council
- Dr. Tom Wright, Director of the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution
- Ambassador Doug Lute, former U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO and a Senior Fellow at Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
- Dr. Constanze Stelzenmüller, Robert Bosch Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution
- Rachel Hoff, Policy Director at the Ronald Reagan Institute
- Dr. Gale Mattox, a Professor at the U.S. Naval Academy and Director of the Foreign & Domestic Policy Program at the American Institute for Contemporary German Studies
- Karlijn Jans, a Dutch defense expert
- Camille Grand, Assistant Secretary General for Defense Investment at NATO
- Ambassador Azita Raji, former U.S. Ambassador to Sweden
More from CNAS
PodcastDiscussing Turkey’s Offensive Against the Kurds in Syria with Nick Heras
The United States’ withdrawal and the Turkish military’s incursion into the Kurdish-controlled northeast have completely changed the balance of power in Syria. Without America...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Nicholas Heras
PodcastThe Transatlantic Alliance at 70 with NATO's Camille Grand
Camille Grand, NATO Assistant Secretary General for Defense Investment, joins Dr. Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Jim Townsend to discuss the 70th anniversary of NATO and the challe...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Camille Grand
CommentaryWhy Europe Won't Combat Huawei's Trojan Tech
The United States has been unsuccessful at getting European countries to ban Huawei from building their fifth-generation wireless (5G) networks. It’s not for a lack of trying....
By Carisa Nietsche & Bolton Smith
PodcastFrance and European Security with Dr. Alice Pannier
Dr. Alice Pannier, Assistant Professor of International Relations and European Studies at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, joins Dr. Andrea Kendall-Tayl...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Dr. Alice Pannier