Dr. Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Rachel Rizzo take Brussels Sprouts on the road in this special edition of the podcast recorded live from the April 3 NATO Engages conference hosted by the Atlantic Council, German Marshall Fund, and Munich Security Conference. This special episode shares the insights of some of the most prominent voices on transatlantic relations. Experts shared their thoughts with us about whether the alliance is in crisis, the most critical challenges facing NATO, and why they’re optimistic about NATO’s future. This episode features commentary (in order of appearance) from:
- Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius
- Stanislava Mladenova, a former member of the NATO international staff
- Dr. Jim Goldgeier, Visiting Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Damir Marusic, Executive Editor of The American Interest
- Ambassador Sorin Ducaru, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute and Former Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges at NATO
- Ambassador Sandy Vershbow, former Deputy Secretary General of NATO and former U.S. Ambassador to Russia
- Benjamin Haddad, Director of the Future Europe Initiative at the Atlantic Council
- Dr. Tom Wright, Director of the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution
- Ambassador Doug Lute, former U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO and a Senior Fellow at Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
- Dr. Constanze Stelzenmüller, Robert Bosch Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution
- Rachel Hoff, Policy Director at the Ronald Reagan Institute
- Dr. Gale Mattox, a Professor at the U.S. Naval Academy and Director of the Foreign & Domestic Policy Program at the American Institute for Contemporary German Studies
- Karlijn Jans, a Dutch defense expert
- Camille Grand, Assistant Secretary General for Defense Investment at NATO
- Ambassador Azita Raji, former U.S. Ambassador to Sweden
More from CNAS
PodcastGerman Foreign and Security Policy after Merkel, with Constanze Stelzenmüller and Sam Denney
Constanze Stelzenmüller and Sam Denney join Carisa Nietsche and Jim Townsend to discuss German foreign and security policy, upcoming German elections, and what might change af...
By Carisa Nietsche, Jim Townsend, Constanze Stelzenmüller & Sam Denney
PodcastVaccine Nationalism and the European Union, with Sarah Wheaton
Sarah Wheaton joins Carisa Nietsche and Jim Townsend to discuss vaccine nationalism in the EU, the ongoing vaccine rollout, and what both mean for the future of European integ...
By Sarah Wheaton, Carisa Nietsche & Jim Townsend
PodcastThe Future of Transatlantic Technology Policy, with Lindsay Gorman and Martijn Rasser
Lindsay Gorman and Martijn Rasser join Carisa Nietsche to discuss future priorities and approaches on technology policy within the transatlantic alliance. Gorman is the Fellow...
By Carisa Nietsche, Lindsay Gorman & Martijn Rasser
PodcastLive: The NATO 2030 Report, with Wess Mitchell
Wess Mitchell joins Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Jim Townsend on a special, live episode of Brussels Sprouts to discuss the “NATO 2030” report’s findings on the future of the NAT...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Wess Mitchell