Dr. Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Rachel Rizzo take Brussels Sprouts on the road in this special edition of the podcast recorded live from the April 3 NATO Engages conference hosted by the Atlantic Council, German Marshall Fund, and Munich Security Conference. This special episode shares the insights of some of the most prominent voices on transatlantic relations. Experts shared their thoughts with us about whether the alliance is in crisis, the most critical challenges facing NATO, and why they’re optimistic about NATO’s future. This episode features commentary (in order of appearance) from:
- Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius
- Stanislava Mladenova, a former member of the NATO international staff
- Dr. Jim Goldgeier, Visiting Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Damir Marusic, Executive Editor of The American Interest
- Ambassador Sorin Ducaru, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute and Former Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges at NATO
- Ambassador Sandy Vershbow, former Deputy Secretary General of NATO and former U.S. Ambassador to Russia
- Benjamin Haddad, Director of the Future Europe Initiative at the Atlantic Council
- Dr. Tom Wright, Director of the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution
- Ambassador Doug Lute, former U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO and a Senior Fellow at Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
- Dr. Constanze Stelzenmüller, Robert Bosch Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution
- Rachel Hoff, Policy Director at the Ronald Reagan Institute
- Dr. Gale Mattox, a Professor at the U.S. Naval Academy and Director of the Foreign & Domestic Policy Program at the American Institute for Contemporary German Studies
- Karlijn Jans, a Dutch defense expert
- Camille Grand, Assistant Secretary General for Defense Investment at NATO
- Ambassador Azita Raji, former U.S. Ambassador to Sweden
More from CNAS
PodcastInching Closer Toward NATO with Mika Aaltola and Anna Wieslander
Will Finland and Sweden join NATO? Since Russia launched its unprovoked war of aggression against Ukraine in late February, European political and security dynamics have chang...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend, Mika Aaltola & Anna Wieslander
PodcastOrbán’s Grip On Power with Dan Kelemen
What does Viktor Orbán’s win in Hungary mean for the future of Europe? On April 3rd, voters in Hungary went to the polls for national parliamentary elections. Despite efforts ...
By Andrea Kendall-Taylor, Jim Townsend & Dan Kelemen
PodcastFlash Release: Christoph Heusgen Reacts to Evolving Ukraine Crisis
Vladimir Putin recently spoke about Ukraine for the first time since December—a speech in which he conveyed mixed messages about his intentions. On the one hand, he noted that...
By Christoph Heusgen
PodcastPresident Biden’s Trip to Europe, with Jeremy Shapiro and Amy Mackinnon
What concrete outcomes were achieved during President Joe Biden’s recent trip to Europe? Jeremy Shapiro and Amy Mackinnon join Andrea Kendall-Taylor and Jim Townsend to discus...
By Jeremy Shapiro, Amy MacKinnon, Andrea Kendall-Taylor & Jim Townsend